- 100% up to $800
- Bonus Code:
- Game Selection:There is a rich variety of poker games available at 888. You may take part in ring games or tournaments, and choose freely between your favourite variations. Whether it is Texas Hold’em, Seven Card Stud, Omaha Hi/Lo, or Pot Limit Omaha you love playing, you have it there – either in Ring game, Sit & Go or a Multi Table Tournament.888 Poker Games
- Bonuses:The bonuses offered here are fabulous from the start. You take off with totally free £12, just for sign-up and with your first deposit, you are entitled to a 100% match up to $800. Apart from that, all regular poker players have access to fantastic bonus promotions and special offers. Usually, they are related to live events, goodies vouchers or freerolls.888 Poker Bonus
- Support:888poker have developed a magnificent Help section, featuring frequently-asked questions that have been answered in as much detail as possible. The questions there are grouped intuitively for easier search. Of course, there is a ready contact form by which to reach the helpful Customer Support hosts. You may also email the service directly.888 Poker Support
888 Poker Review and Exclusive Welcome Bonus
888 is one of the best-known brands in the online poker industry. Launched back in the 1997, they have been providing a great service to millions of customers. 888 Poker is a standalone room, meaning that it is not part of any network and they don’t share their player pool with other rooms. Constant innovation and striving to provide exceptional gaming experience are two things that could describe their online 888 casino as well. One of the extremely attractive features of the operator is that upon sign-up, every new player gets £12/$8 absolutely free, without the necessity to make any deposit. Whenever new customers decide to fund their accounts, the players’ first deposit is doubled up to $800. Bonus codes are not used for that offer, but the operator launches many promotions, where participants will have to know the correct 888 poker promo code in order to take advantage of them.
888 Poker Software
- Software Information
- Size:15 MB
888 Poker runs on its proprietary software, known as Dragonfish created by the eponymous company, the B2B division of 888 Holdings PLC. The software is unique in many ways, which is quite logical given that it is used exclusively at this poker room. It is highly customizable, at the same time very user-friendly and convenient to use even for those who are not so computer savvy. Some of the functions in the software are as follows:
- Arrange your tables neatly by cascading or tiling them. You can also resize them.
- Player Notes have improved functionality – now you can mark your opponents using colours and icons.
- Customize your experience, incl. cards’ backs and faces, the table layout, sounds and alerts.
- You may disable the chat, so as not to get distracted during a game.
- Tournament Info Box is available, so you don’t need to check at the lobby anymore.
- Save the history of your played hands in text files or on your hard drive.
- Use keyboard buttons to play.
There is another really interesting innovation from the 888. It is known as PokerCam and it allows players to see each other in real time, using a webcam. This brings a whole new level of entertainment into the game. And still, Full Tilt poker software could be considered a true competitor of 888, as they also put in a lot of efforts to provide exceptional experience to their players.
888 Promo Codes for Special Events
As I made it clear, the welcome bonus doesn’t require any codes. Still, 888 Poker launches many regular and special promotions and for most, you will need the correct 888 Poker promo code in order to get access to the offer. There are several methods to find the codes – either on the page of the specific event, or sent personally to your account, or in your email Inbox, when the operator is making you a custom-made bonus offer. So, make sure you check your account often and do not overlook your messages.
There are a few details of the welcome bonus we should also discuss. The first-deposit bonus is released in $10 increments every time you earn 100 bonus points. You will earn bonus points for all real money play, whether it is at cash games or tournaments – 2 points for every $1 paid in rake or tournament fees.
That is not all, though. As part of the Welcome Pack you will also receive a handful of tournament entries to a series of exclusive events with limited entrance for first depositors only.
- Free entry into a $100,000 First Depositors Challenge
- $1,000 Depositors Freeroll
- Seven $500 Freerolls
Game Selection and Tournament Schedule
888 poker offers a wide variety of games to choose from in both cash games and tournaments. You will be able to choose between Hold’em, Omaha and Seven Card Stud. While the latter is offered as a type, you won’t find all that many tables and tournaments available. Below, I have described the game variations and 888 poker tournament schedule in more detail.
The cash or ‘ring games available at 888 are some of the softest out there, mainly due to the fact that this is one of the largest online gambling companies and so, it focuses of players attraction and retention, rather than on harsh competition. You can choose between Hold’em – No Limit, Fixed Limit and Pot Limit variations, Omaha & Omaha Hi/Lo – Pot Limit, Fixed Limit and No Limit variations and the not less popular Seven Card Stud Hi & Hi Lo – Fixed Limit variation.
You may play cash games for as low as $0.01/0.02 or as high as $50/100, where it is worth noting that the latter ones don’t run all that often. Games are divided by various factors. For instance, you may choose the number of players, or the stakes for which you are ready to play. Of course, the most popular here are Heads Up, ShortHanded and FullRing.
The tables at 888 are always busy, but you’ll find the really tense action during rush hours, which is between 18:00 and 24:00 GMT. There usually are more than 3,000 real money cash game players playing simultaneously.
888 offers a busy tournament schedule with several million in guaranteed prize money every month. Most tournaments are offered in variation of No Limit Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha, differing by the table size between Shorthanded and Full Ring. Very rarely, you can also find Heads-up tournaments offered.
With millions guaranteed every month, there have to be some big tournaments going on, right? That’s exactly the case at 888. Here is an overview of some notable tournaments offered:
- $10,000 Twins Challenge Royal – runs every Monday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $22
- $10,000 Twins Challenge Flush – runs every Monday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $22
- $30,000 Tuesday Challenge – runs every Tuesday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $109
- $20,000 Wednesday Challenge – runs every Wednesday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in $27.50
- $20,000 Thursday Challenge ReBuy – runs every Thursday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $13.20
- $20,000 Friday Challenge – runs every Friday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $33
- $20,000 Saturday Challenge – runs every Saturday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $55
- $100,000 GTD Sunday Challenge – runs every Sunday at 19:35 GMT and features a buy-in of $90
These are just some of the daily tournaments offered at 888. As they are part of the ‘Daily Challenges’ tournament series, they all start at the same time.
When it comes to SNG tournaments, 888 Poker offers them in several variations. All games could be played at Sit’n’Go tournaments in the following variations: Regular, which are either Shorthanded or Fullring with top 2 and top 3 places paid, and Double Up, Satellites and Multi Table SNG’s. Buy-ins for them start from $1 and go all the way up to $1,000. Most of the traffic is divided across stakes ranging from micros to mid-stakes games. High stakes games run rarely.
888 Poker Player Traffic
888 is one of the largest standalone poker sites in the world with over 3,000 players online during peak times. You will find a dozen tables between micro- and mid-stakes cash games as well as tournaments running on a constant basis. If you are looking to play at higher stakes, 888 will, of course, be good enough for that. However, if you want to switch to a new poker room or just to diversify places where you can play quality poker games, read our detailed Titan Poker review.
888 Poker feature numerous promotions. There are plenty of freerolls and satellites giving access to amazing live events. A typical example is the prize packages that are given away every year for participation in WSOP and WSOPE. Another regular live event honoured by 888 poker promotions is the Morocco Tour Championship, for which Poker and Golf Holiday packs are awarded. Players have the chance to directly buy in their seats to the live events, or win those through plenty of games. The online events are also interesting. Every week and month there are some Deep Stack tournaments to capture your attention and win you bonus or cash prizes..
On top of all other promotions and offers, there is also a VIP programme that you can take advantage of. Simply play poker for real money at 888 and you will automatically earn status points. Depending on how many you earn, you will be awarded a VIP level. There are 10 VIP levels in total, and you can find an overview of them below:
- Blue – awarded instantly after you open an account. Provides 2% cash back on top of other promotions.
- Iron – requires 10 status points earned monthly. Provides 2% cash back.
- Chrome – requires 25 status points earned monthly. Provides 2% cash back.
- Copper – requires 50 status points earned monthly. Provides 2% cash back.
- Bronze – requires 100 status points earned monthly. Provides 2% cash back.
- Silver – requires 500 status points earned monthly. Provides 4% cash back.
- Gold – requires 1,500 status points earned monthly and provides a significant increase in cash back – 9%.
- Platinum – requires 4,500 status points earned monthly and provides 18% cash back.
- VIP – a yearly VIP level. Earn at least 60,000 points in a calendar year and enjoy a 27.5% cash back on top of other perks.
- VIP Diamond – there’s nothing higher than this one. If you’re a holder of this status, you can be sure you are elite. Get concierge treatment, 36% cash back and invitations to events worldwide.
If you have any questions or unresolved problems, there are a couple of ways to get in touch with 888 support team and try to solve them. In order to get instant help, checking the Help section online is the best idea. However, emailing support team is also an option, and the operator boasts they respond within 48 hours.
FAQ – 888 offers a really wide FAQ section with answers to just about any question you might have. Before contacting support, check this section. Chances are you won’t even have to contact anyone.
There is a wide range of methods that can be used to fund your account and withdraw money from 888 – more than 40 are available, the most popular ones being among them.
- Credit Cards – VISA, MasterCard
- Debit Cards – Visa Electron, Soho, Laser
- E–Wallets – Skrill, Neteller, Click2Pay, WebMoney, ECOcard, PayPal
- PrePaid Cards – PaySafeCard, ClickAndBuy
- Bank Transfer, Bank Wire
These are just some of the options offered. In fact, the variety offered highly depends on your location. You’ll often find tailored banking methods available, such as local bank transfers. This makes transactions hassle-free..
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
888 offers numerous methods by which you may process your payment, as you already saw in the above tab. Still, you need to keep in mind that certain methods are good for deposits only and cannot maintain withdrawals. There are also certain possibilities available especially to customers residing in specific countries, and that is a real convenience for them. As far as payouts go, pre-paid cards and vouchers are usually and not surprisingly not an option for withdrawals. Ukash, Paysafecard, Instadebit are just some examples of the strictly deposit methods. Withdrawals are processed for three days after requesting (one day for Gold VIP members) and during that period you can still cancel the operation, so that the funds will remain with your bankroll. If you decide to proceed with it, however, consider that it takes anywhere between a couple of days and a couple of weeks. The processing time depends mainly on the method, by which you are to receive your money. Bank drafts and cheques are the slowliest, while PayPal, Neteller and Skrill are among the fastest services.
Part of the withdrawal policy is the ID verification and, though it may be boring, you should consider that it is done for the sake of your security. You wouldn’t want your winnings to get in the hands of somebody else, would you? Among the documents you may need to present are photographic ID, proof of address and copies of the front and back of your debit/credit card. Should any questions or issues arise during upload, you can always consult one of the helpful staff on the site and you will be led through the entire process smoothly. Payouts often incur service fee, but that depends entirely of the service you use. You had better check that for your information before processing large amounts.
Poker Player Experience
888 is one of the largest and best online poker rooms on the market. They are also among the very few still increasing the amount of their players. Their excellent welcome offer, functional software and special treatment make it a poker room you want to test. Plenty of tutorials for novices, beginner-friendly tables and fabulous promotions – those are qualities one can hardly ignore light-heartedly. Surely, you wouldn’t, so if you haven’t set up you player account there, go for it and enjoy the games that are some of the softest online! Make sure you use our link to get on the 888 site, because then you will be met by the special bonus offer intended for our readers, and it is different from the offer other new sign-ups may receive.