- 100% up to $600
- Bonus code:
- Game Choice:There are all sorts of poker games played at PokerStars. Whatever pops in your mind, you are sure to find it here. The website offers many unusual games, such as 5 Card Draw, Badugi, Razz, Single Draw Lowball 2-7, Triple Draw Lowball 2-7, HORSE/HEROS and other mixed games. You will always find some good action in most of them, too.PokerStars Games
- Bonuses:PokerStars feature a good variety of first-deposit bonuses. Their standard one is 100% up to $600. Apart from this one, PokerStars feature regularly changing first-deposit bonuses that give you different amounts to play with. To get the standard bonus you have to use our bonus code, as shown to the right on this page.PokerStars Bonus
- Support:This aspect of PokerStars service is maybe the poorest feature at their site. Customer support is offered through two channels only: via email and via the F.A.Q. section on the site. It is true that there are several email addresses for various issues, so this sole channel has been divided between a larger team of support for faster response.PokerStars Support
PokerStars Review – Welcome Bonus
PokerStars is the world’s largest online poker site with thousands of registered members across the globe. Established in 2001, this poker room hasn’t always been the largest one. Quite naturally, it wasn’t all that popular back in 2001. Party Poker was the largest room back then. However, after the UIGEA was passed and implemented, PokerStars decided to stay in the US market, and that made it the largest one. This is actually the poker site that could be held ‘responsible’ for the online poker boom, which happened in 2003, after Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP Main Event by qualifying through a $50 satellite on PokerStars.
Even though it is the largest room around, PokerStars still features a very good welcome bonus package. Your first deposit will be matched 100% up to $600, and to secure that, make sure you read this PokerStars review further and learn all the important details you need to access your welcome bonus. Apart from $600 in bonus funds, all first depositors receive a ticket to play at the 100K Privilege Freerolls and can do that up to four times a day for 31 days following their deposit. In addition, you will be supplied with alternative chances to get other first-deposit bonuses. Those need different bonus codes, which are changed regularly.
- Software Information
- Software:Rational Enterprises
- Country:Isle of Man
- Size:512 MB
Stars is also one of those rare sites that are functional with a wide variety of platforms. Downloadable client is available for Windows as well as Mac, which is quite unique. On top of that, you can also play poker on your iPad, iPhone and any Android powered device.
PokerStars also constantly innovates new software, recently they added a new poker type called Zoom Poker. It offers a completely new way to play poker and do so in a way that will bring more thrill to the game than ever before. It works in a simple way – join a table, get a hand dealt and the second you fold, you’ll get re-seated to a new table and a new hand will be automatically dealt. This allows to play more hands in a shorter time span.
PokerStars Marketing Codes
PokerStars is famous for the numerous bonus and marketing codes they offer with most of their promotions. In order to make sure you get the 100% up to $600 first-deposit bonus, you need to sign up using marketing code: PSP13780. Later on, when you make your first deposit, the bonus code to enter in order to claim your $600 is STARS600.
You may expect frequent change of offer and promo codes at PokerStars, as that is one of their characteristic features and they have taught players and customers are used to expect and look for them.
PokerStars offers the widest variety of poker cash games in the industry competiting only with Party Poker. With more than 30,000 players playing cash games, you can be sure that any games you’ll want to play will be available. The cash games traffic at PokerStars actually exceeds the total traffic at other sites. The variety of game types as well as limits is quite impressive. There’s no other site on the internet offering as much traffic as you’ll find here. Same also applies for the game stakes offered. Games start from as low as $0.01/$0.02 and go as high as $200/400. Unlike at other poker rooms, tables are PokerStars are trafficked up to the highest stakes online. You’ll find dozens of tables between micro and high stakes with several running at nosebleeds as well.
Games are also divided between table sizes. The following variations are offered – Heads Up, ShortHanded, FullRing and Zoom Poker – the new, innovative poker type. It’s played in ShortHanded as well as FullRing variations.
PokerStars is mostly known for their tournament offerings. The largest guarantees are offered exactly at this poker room. They also hold a record for the largest online poker tournament in terms of entrants. On December 4th, 2011, more than 200,000 players joined a $1 tournament and actually caused a server crash.
The regular daily tournament schedule is offering more than most poker rooms offer on weekends. Let’s take a quick overview of the most notable daily and weekly tournaments.
- The Daily Bigs – play for your share of between $5,000 and $80,000. More than a dozen tournaments throughout the day with buy-ins ranging between $2.20 and $162.
- Sunday Warm-Up – start your Sunday with an enormous $500,000 GTD featuring an entry fee of $215. The tourney runs at 11:00ET.
- Sunday Storm – the prize pool of this one is $300,000 GTD.
- Sunday Million – the largest weekly tournament in the industry, it features $1,000,000 in guaranteed prize money with a buy-in of $215. You may buy-in directly or qualify through one of the many online satellites.
These are just a few of the major tournaments offered on PokerStars. You’ll find guarantees with prize pools of up to $100,000 daily. There is no other site that offers tournaments this large.
PokerStars also runs the largest online poker tournament series. The World Championship of Online Poker, or WCOOP, has been running since 2002, and is considered the online equivalet of the WSOP. That event pays out the largest prizes. The Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) is the newer of the two, running since 2009. It offers three different levels of buy-ins: Low, Medium and High. The Micro Millions, launched in the beginning of 2012 is intended for micro stakes players and features low buy-ins. There is a $5 million guaranteed prize pool.
SNG Tournaments are also offered in a very wide variety of types, differing between their games, entry fees as well as the structure & blind levels. Games start as low as $0.01 and go as high as $5,000. You can choose between single table and multi table tournaments, which feature up to 999 players. Games also differ between their structure – normal, turbo and hyper turbo ones are offered.
You’ll also find a variety of game types differing between the amount of entrants. PokerStars is one of the most favored poker rooms for their multi-table SNG tournaments.
- Battle of the Planets – this is a Leader Board promotion with over $3,000,000 prize pool per year.
- Main Event Passport – this promo helps players win their seat at a chosen main event from the many live ones organised by PokerStars.
- Players’ Choice Satellites – the operator runs weekly qualifiers to give away live events packages. As its name denotes, players choose where to go.
PokerStars offers one of the most rewarding VIP programmes in the industry, though it is a bit complicated and can confuse players. We’ll try to clear the confusion by offering an in-depth overview, which will be easy to read and understand.
The whole programme is based on VIP Points (VPPs) acquisition that is done by playing poker for real money. These points are used to determine your VIP level – the higher amount of points you earn, the higher status you will hold.
FPP points, on the other hand, are used to purchase various cash rewards and merchandise from the VIP store. This is where it gets tricky. Your VIP level will determine how many FPP points are awarded for each VIP point.
There are 7 VIP levels in total, 5 of them are monthly and 2 are yearly.
- BronzeStar – awarded instantly after joining and the first level in the VIP club. You’ll earn 1FPP point for every VPP earned.
- ChromeStar – to get to this level you need to acquire 100 VPPs monthly. You’ll earn 1FPP point for every VPP earned.
- SilverStar – the third VIP level with increased rewards as well as higher requirements for achieving it. Earn at least 500VPP points in order to become a holder of this status. Benefit from 1.5FPP for every 1VPP.
- GoldStar – the fourth VIP level that already offers significant return on all your play. Benefit from earning 2 FPP’s for every 1 VPP. Receive free entries to VIP freerolls as well access to increased rewards in the VIP store. Earn at least 2,500 VPP’s to become a holder of this status.
- PlatinumStar – the highest monthly VIP level. Earn at least 7,500 VPP’s in a calendar month to gain this status. You’ll benefit from an increased rate of 2.5FPP’s per VPP earned as well as free entries to major vip freerolls, such as the monthly $100,000.
- SuperNova – receive some of the finest benefits in online poker by achieving this yearly VIP status. Earn at least 100,000 VPP’s in a year to become a holder of this status for the next one. Benefit from an increase in the FPP earning rate – you’ll earn 3.5 FPP for each VPP earned.
- SuperNova Elite – the elite of the VIP club. You will get the finest treatment there is, including 5 FPP’s for every VPP earned and discounts for Live Event packages. To achieve this level, earn at least 1,000,000 VPP’s in a calendar year.
As you can see, the more you play the higher value your rewards will be of. However, all players will get rewarded with significant value back..
Even though PokerStars can be reached only by sending an email, their support is considered to be among the best in the online poker world. You will get quick, knowledgeable answers in a timely fashion. There is also an outstanding F.A.Q. section on the website, and I would recommend you first try finding answer to your question there. Both email channel and Online Help are been arranged in a convenient and intuitive way, to direct you to the most suitable answers and solutions to your doubts. The chance that you will still need individual advice after consulting the F.A.Q. is small..
PokerStars is well known for the effort they put in to get people paid in a timely fashion. Funding your account is really simple as well and there are more than a dozen of methods offered. You’ll be able to make real money transactions by using the following methods:
- Credit Cards – Visa & MasterCard
- E-Wallets – Skrill, Neteller
- PrePaid Cards – EntroPay, Ukash, PaySafeCard
- Other – Direct Bank Transfer, Instant Banking, Check
Withdrawals are handled as a top priority and you can receive them as quickly as in few hours, if using E-Wallet. Turnaround times using other methods depend on how fast they are processed by the companies in charge..
..As it was mentioned briefly in the tab above, PokerStars run numerous promotions and in this paragraph I intend to describe some of the main ones in more detail. Of course, you should keep in mind that those may change and, in fact, they do, pretty often, at that. Still, the details will give you an idea of what you may expect at an online poker room of that unmatched magnitude.
Battle of the Planets: This is a weekly Leader Board type of promo at PokerStars, where Sit’n’Go players are given an extraordinary chance to win a share of more than $3,000,000 a year. There are eight planet divisions split into two Leader Boards: Low Orbit for recreational players and High Orbit intended for high volume ones. These eight planet divisions are named after planets of our Solar System and represent a different range of buy-ins. Mercury hosts micro stakes of $1-$2.99, while Jupiter is home for the high rollers of $300+. Planet divisions have their own prize pools and all players have the chance to win big enough.
Main Events Passport: Since PokerStars runs some of the largest and best world’s live events, this promotion gives players the opportunity to win a ‘pass’ to one of them by playing and winning in selected Satellites and Tournaments. There are Cash Satellites whose buy-ins are affordable for everyone. You can choose to play at FPP Satellites, as you will be using your FPPs and turn them into play. And, surely, there are Steps Satellites, where you may gradually play up to the seat you desire. Here is the list of events you may win a package for:
- World Series of Poker;
- PokerStars Caribbean Adventure;
- European Poker Tour;
- Latin American Poker Tour;
- Asia Pacific Poker Tour.
Players’ Choice Satellites: These are weekly qualifiers where you may win a €1,500 package covering €1,000 entry fee and €400 expenses. Those packages will be valid for Main Events across the following live events:
- France Poker Series;
- Estrellas Poker Tour;
- Eureka Poker Tour;
- UK & Ireland Poker Tour.
To make the long story short, PokerStars is truly a poker room buzzing with special offers and promotions, which any player should take advantage of.